View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 11:19 AM   #15
Smiling

How Do You Identify?:
with a distinct flair

Thanked 4,382 Times in 1,009 Posts
Smiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST Reputation
Default The revolution starts within!

I resolve that this year is going to be different than the last. It has to be.

And because I am unable to wave a magic wand and simply change most of the circumstances to which I refer; I know that it is my mind which needs to change first.

And I trust that my life will follow. Eventually.

So, I resolve to let go of the million ways in which I plot to drive myself crazy each day. I will give myself permission to like the person I see I the mirror; perceived flaws and all. I am going to talk less, and listen more. (That one will be tough because I do like to pontificate, lol). I plan to nourish my mind, body, and spirit in 2014 (vis a vis eating correctly, exercise, meditation/prayer, reading, classes, etc.). I will cultivate a sense of patience in myself. (I've never let my mind slow down long enough to do that before). I'm going to try new and different things.

And most of all, when I stumble, I will stop berating myself over it; and instead, simply get back up and try again.

But I can still be self-destructive until tomorrow, lol.

Last edited by Smiling; 12-31-2013 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Almost forgot - I'm going to try to reclaim my sense of fearlessness in 2014.
Smiling is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Smiling For This Useful Post: