Lynn

How Do You Identify?:
Unabashed Feminine Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Married!

Thanked 2,416 Times in 504 Posts
Lynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST Reputation

I've "just known" a few times. Most of the time, it turned out I was wrong. I think we can connect with people on many levels, and it can be exhilarating. If there's such a thing as knowing someone from a prior life, that would be really intoxicating, too. But, who says that this means that the person would make a good partner? I think it's easy to confuse attraction, lust, or chemistry with true love. In my opinion, none of those is necessarily an indicator of a good long-term relationship.

I was very attracted to someone at our first contact, which was on line. We both expressed that it felt like we were "soulmates." I was over the moon. It turned out to be the darkest, most toxic relationship I ever had. I'm willing to believe that we are connected in some psychological or maybe even some psychic way. But, "psychotic" would more aptly describe it.

In my present relationship, we "just knew." But then, we lived the ups and downs of the relationship. It's great to connect with someone from the outset, and really feel that deep connection. But, in my opinon, you have to keep creating the love, romance, and respect in the relationship for it to continue to be the one you envisioned.
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.

Maya Angelou

Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lynn For This Useful Post: