Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,003 Times in 9,945 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
How do you roast the peas? Sounds good.
I'm glad you asked because I only learned how to do it, several years ago, when I attended an family Thanksgiving dinner, with an dear friend in college.

I roast both Peas and Brussell Sprouts, the same way. They're delish!

To Roast Peas:

Take an small bag of frozen organic peas and break them apart from each other, in a good sized bowl.

In another bowl, mix up about a 1/4 cup of EVOO, a dash of sea salt and a splash of Modena balsamic vinegar. Pour over the frozen peas. Mix up the peas until they are coated well.

Line an cookie sheet with heavy foil, matte side up (shiny side down). Place all the coated peas on the cooking sheet and place in oven.

Turn oven on to 500 degrees.

Set timer for 20 minutes.

Open oven and rotate all the roasted peas, so the other sides of the peas can be roasted.

Set timer for 8 minutes.
Check your peas and see if they're roasted enough. If not, roast for a few short more minutes. Once finished, they should resemble an carmelized appearance and be dark green in color (the edges will be more carmelized looking).

Turn off oven: Serve once they've cooled off for about five minutes or so.

Roasted Brussell Sprouts:

Take about 15 or 20 freshly picked brussell spouts and wash them and then dry them off. Cut off the very bottom of the brussell spouts, so you can peel each leaf free of the bloom pod. Place all the brussell spout leaves in an big bowl. Use the same blend of roasting oil (EVOO, sea salt, and Modena Balsamic Vinegar) and pour it over the leaves and make sure they're all coated.

Roast the brussell spouts with the same timing and temp procedure, as above.

It only takes about an half an hour, not much longer, to roast frozen Peas or fresh Brussell sprout leaves.

The peas have a certain crunchiness to them, but they're not as crunchy as left over eats. However, the same holds true for roasted Brussell Sprouts. They only retain the roasted quality for an limited time. Plus, they're so tasty that they're usually all gone, so you won't worry about left overs.

Bon Appétit!

Last edited by Kätzchen; 08-21-2018 at 07:36 PM.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: