Old 06-14-2018, 07:21 PM   #7096
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
I agree with the aforementioned handling if the rule. Everyone gets their time out, no exceptions. And if someone is mailing from another country, and feels they need extra time to ensure mailing, then the request is made at sign up, at the beginning of the project.

I will think on how to word my project and write it up by tomorrow. I was also leaning towards mermaids so since two other people have said they prefer mermaids, that's good enough for me.

The size of the finished pieces needs to be consistent, so I could use input on sizing. Keeping in mind that you will be creating ONE special painting. I think it needs to be substantial but not too big obviously. I am not a good one to answer this because I am used to working a very large scale. I don't know what would be a reasonable size for everyone.
Yaaaay! Mermaaaaiiiiids!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sis View Post
Yes, I did the watermelon.

I liked that one. As I said, I still have it on my fridge.

I wasn't 'upfront' about anything. I made the decision to take a timeout, re-do my project, and send it out directly to all US participants who had sent their project to Besame. Frankly, I think nothing was 'great' about the whole situation. Again, NO ONE SAID ANYTHING, not even me.

Perhaps some folks think I'm being a witch about stating/clarifying my point.

No, not a witch. I'd be upset too.

We have a great thing going here but we do need to step-up, be transparent, take responsibility, and take our lumps. With the CD project I fell into a grey area - I did send it to the official Wrangler however it didn't make it to the US Wrangler (out of my control). I did ask Besame for her mailing address so I could mail it directly to her but I wasn't prepared to wait and mail it for the time period she was available to be on be-on-the-lookout-for-BF-packets (My decision; I was concerned it would arrive late).

Still, NO ONE SAID ANYTHING, including me. And, typically, I wouldn't say anything but I realize I am distancing myself from participating. If we're going to talk about rules, maybe ALL packages need to be TRACKED regardless of whether you are in the next city over or halfway around the world. I was able to track all packages I sent from Mainland China to wherever they were going in the world (and they ALL made it to their destination). DHL is a wonderful company. For those in the USA, USPS was fantastic when I lived in NC and WI. Perhaps the cost is prohibitive for some - this is one of the reasons I'm not participating in many projects; perhaps for some it will mean they can't participate. However, TRACKED packages should eliminate the postal service being the cause of projects NOT arriving.

I mentioned this point earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
What about 4 x 6 inches, the average size of s piece of cardstock. Though I would advise cutting watercolor paper down to size if you are going to use wet media at all. Cardstock just can't hold up.
I think either 4x6 or 5x7 would be good. Big enough to show something nice but not too big to be overwhelming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
So I am okay with the 4x6 size. I am still trying to figure out how this works....BUT am certain the candy coated one will explain it in more detail...(clay is sometimes unable to "see the big picture" (translate 2x4 butch) anyway0.

I am so excited for this next project! Thanks CCB & Gemme for spurring this one on.....
Okay, now stop trying to make things more complicated than they are. That's my job.

We will be doing ONE piece. That one piece will be exchanged with one person. Basically, CCB will play artsy matchmaker. You make your mermaid (yaaaaay!) for that person and that person will make a mermaid just for you (yaaaaay!). It's like a matchbox project without the matchbox. lol Totally distinctive and designed with the recipient in mind. I think it's an awesome idea.

Now, question. What happens if we have an odd number of participants? Will we have a group of three that will exchange if that should happen?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: