View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 12:06 AM   #2220
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
A Lady..Femme..Free Spirit with a touch of survivalist woman in me.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Spiritual Warrior..She Ra..Baby Doll, or anything close..ha!
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Thanked 5,939 Times in 1,609 Posts
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation

Re-post from another thread.

A Personal Story Concerning LGBT National Silence Day.

My grandaughters movement on that day. She is almost 15 and this is her story.

Throughout this school year she has had many harrassing moments in her school towards her. One in which 2 boys tagged her locker with lesbo signs and such. Another where a girl was bullying her because of being lesbian. And a couple which involved teachers. One teacher even saying," Your a HOMO! And I don't agree with anything you do!"

With all this happening to her in the school. She decided to use National Silence Day to act upon all she has had happen. A peaceful way to present her issues.

In her school there were aproximately 30 LGBT students and 50 students who supported LGBT students who participated.

They wore signs saying,
"TODAY IS LGBT NATIONAL SILENCE DAY FOR HARRASSMENT,BULLYING AND ABUSE!
We are in silence for all thos who have been or will be harrassed or battered as a result to the bullying and wrong actions against us and others. For our choice to be who we are!
Under those words was a big question mark
?????
If you are wondering why we are silent ...JUST ASK!

Then they would had out a card instead of speaking which expalined the movement.

Well throughout the day...This one girl had harrassed and bullied my grandaughter all day. Even pushing her at one point and spinning her around saying..YOUR A LESBIAN..YOU WON'T HIT ME!"
This went on a few times and then out of the blue...When my grandaughter wasn't aware she was right by her...This girl sucker punched her in the face very hard. My grandaughter feels awful about that but she had to defend herself and knocked the girl out in one punch! Of course this is being addressed. It was all seen on the monitors so my grandaughter was not in trouble for it as well. But what symbol as to the day.

I am very proud of her for trying to handle things in a non abusive manner...And it saddened me that she wound up having to use physical force to protect herself. It really hurt her heart that she had to.

As a result of this happening, I have decided to take on that day to help the youth of LGBT students. On April 16th from here on out...I will be at the schools to help keep order first of all. Second, I am going to unite with our LGBT Center and raise awareness of this day in advance so it will make a much stroger impact in my community.

To bring it to light so to speak...Before the day...so those wanting to support or be a part will remember the day. And will also be able to support our little ones who are just wanting to be themselves.

Any ideas on what could do this that I might not have thought of?
I am doing:
BANNERS
SIGNS
Even talks if this applies.

Below is a little description of what this day is for and it's impact Nation wide:

It was orriginally started by a family member of someone who was gay bashed is 1996..And it is a very important day to keep our children safe in the schools and community.
********~*~********

Day of Silence 2010: Silent Protest on behalf of LGBT is celebrated as The National Day of Silence to protest against lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) harassment in schools.

The question will remain open that if observance of Day of Silence can end anti-LGBT harassment in society especially in schools? LGBT bullying has given birth to many tragic stories in the nation, so the need to end this bullying was felt and first National Day of Silence was observed in 1996.

The need for observance of such a day was first felt by students of Virginia University who organized the first Day of Silence.

The Day of Silence has now become a popular movement throughout the world and students of all ages have joined the protest against bullying and harassment of LGBT.

Day of Silence 2010 is being observed on 16 April, 2010

The first annual Day of Silence was aimed to create better relationship between the gay and straight students.

On 16 April in observance of Day of Silence 2010, the students will remain silent throughout the day but at the same time not hindering the educational process. Some areas choose to observe it on April 15th as well. They would try to refrain from speaking in their free time such as at lunch, recess but they will carry all the other instructional activities by speaking when necessary.

The Day of Silence campaign is getting momentum day by day and today at 14th Day of Silence we have thousands of students participating in the campaign in order to spread awareness about the dangers of bullying the LGBT.

Here are just a couple sites describing this movement.

http://personalmoneystore.com/moneyb...ng-cards-lgbt/

http://www.dayofsilence.org/index.cfm

I posted this on a couple threads because I feel very strongly about it's content. Sorry if this affends anyone for me doing so.

When negative thoughts come to mind,
Let them die stillborn.
Speak and do posotive in any situation,
And watch your dreams grow and flurish.
If you can't say anything posotive, Zip it up.
Do not give birth to that which you do not want to see grow.
See it, Believe it, Own it, Have it!
~*~ Lady Pamela ~*~
Lady Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady Pamela For This Useful Post: