Old 08-11-2019, 01:38 PM   #14424
Amulette

How Do You Identify?:
Ma chérie, a sweet thing.
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine
Relationship Status:
Following the scent of flowers.

Amulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST Reputation
Default Cooking Mexican food is weighing heavily on my mind.

I found a new (to me) website called Mexican Please. I think it's the best site I have found on the basics of Mexican cooking to date. I expected it to be produced by a sparkly eyed Latina, but it's by a gent who lived in Mexico for awhile and bothered to learn to cook their cuisine. I think he teaches the basics really well.

I will admit that I'm a Mexican food snob. I grew up on it living in Cali. Did my Mom cook it? Yeah no, except for tacos. It was my friends and the restaurants. I lived in Texas for quite some time and thought the Mexican food there would be fabulous. EEEEKKKKKKK, no offense to the locals but that Tex Mex is not for me. I'm really spoiled by California Mexican food.

This site is wonderfully authentic and I can't wait to try some of the recipes. The education starts with salsa. To expand my repertoire I want to try these.

SALSA DE AGUACATE (AVOCADO SALSA)

I'm going to surprise my daughter and make her a bottle of this! The girl can eat ghost peppers so I will make it spicy.

CHIPOTLE HOT SAUCE

Off to get groceries, and you know what will be in my bag
Amulette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amulette For This Useful Post: