View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 09:09 AM   #221
CherryWine

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme

Thanked 10,096 Times in 2,186 Posts
CherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Are there other people here who stay/have stayed at their jobs because they have good benefits (insurance, retirement, etc)?
I’ve been with the same nonprofit company for almost 14 years - straight out of college except for a couple of very brief temp jobs after graduating. I’ve also held various positions at this company. It has been, and can be, very stressful....to the point where I’ve come very close to calling it quits a couple of times. During those times, yes, the quality benefits were mostly what kept me from leaving. Those and the daunting thought of having to go through the entire interviewing process again and everything else that comes with finding a new job...ugh.

Our contract is up for competition every 3-5 years, and that whole process and the uncertainty of the outcome can be very taxing on my colleagues and me. Fortunately, we have very low turnover, and most of us have been here for quite a while. We all know the ropes, work well together, and our contractor appreciates the high employee retention rate.

All in all, it has been a career that has helped me to grow tremendously as a person and professional. It is always challenging, and I’ve had to face quite a few of my fears.

We don’t always get to see the immediate impact that our work makes on the lives of the particular health population for whom we work, but when we do, it really makes all of the hard work worth it.
CherryWine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CherryWine For This Useful Post: