Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCBUTCH View Post
A client is on my mind- He was severely neglected and bullied all through school but kept it to himself. He struggles I can see it. After group- I went and sat with him after the other clients left and he broke down and cried with me,

It is so hard to have professional boundaries when you just want to hold someone.
So I touched his back and rubbed in for a moment and told him he was safe and it will get better it just takes time.
He'll be in my prayers tonight.
Sometimes those professional boundaries have to be crossed. There were times that both battered women and abused children at the DV shelter needed a hug and cry much more than they needed my counsel. In those experiences I have found that it also tends to strengthen that client-counselor bond and will allow them to open up further, more comfortably and confidently.
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post: