Old 08-03-2014, 01:14 PM   #28
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation

Well as one of those retired folk allow me to say...its terrific!!!
I have reduced my expenses dramatically, simplified my lifestyle to such a degree that I will be able to live quite comfortably on my lil ol fixed income; and do the things that are important to me....
There are a few shockers tho, with and without children. My kids are adults and on their own...I do know the last thing they need is for me to become any type of burden on them. None of them would see it as a burden, but I would.

I figure I will just stay here till i forget to turn the stove off and burn my house down; but since I dont cook and use my stove as extra counter space I figure it shall be quite a while before I need to move to the old dykes home...which in my case will be the VA or some other likely cheap, free, crappy place.
My bigger concern is and continues to be that time between independence and nursing home that is more medical crap....i.e. ending up in a hospital and not able to talk or walk or communicate....and what could i do.
For me the answer is a very definitive living will that states unequivocally that under no circumstances is anyone to make a decision contraindicatory to the living will. I do not want my kids/one or all of them having to make decisions that bluntly are fodder for nightmares. So my living will is rather adamant about DNR and exactly what DNR means.

The Last will and testament is simple and straightforward...

The what to do with my remains is written and attached to the living will....and that is simple..take anything useable/recyclable,,,,whats left just send it to the body farm in Tennessee if they dont want it,,,toss it in the oven and shake and bake....and use it as fertilizer around some tree or just flush it.

I already have my tombstone designed, (its stolen from Six of One)
Dean Thoreau
lived yes
died yes
No hy'll really raise hell!