Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

Texas man follows woman into a bathroom to check her gender

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/politics/texas-man-woman-bathroom-check-gender-article-1.2622029

A Dallas woman was questioned about her gender by a man who followed her into a bathroom because he said she was “dressed like a man.”

Jessica Rush told KXAS-TV she filmed the last seconds of the encounter on her cell phone Thursday afternoon at the Baylor Medical Center in Frisco, Tex.

“My first thought was ‘I’m about to be attacked’ just because I am 5 [foot]3, female,” Rush said. “I understand one thing if you are like a cop of the Dallas Police Department, but just some random guy coming in I think is absolutely absurd and inappropriate.”

Rush, who is not transgender, was receiving treatment for an injured arm at the hospital Thursday as so-called “bathroom bills” prompt debates about the use of public restrooms by transgender people. Rush's Facebook video of the conversation had drawn over 10,000 views by Monday.

“When I saw you enter...I thought you was…,” the as-yet-unidentified man said.
Jessica Rush posted a video of the encounter on Facebook after it happened Thursday afternoon at a hospital in the Dallas suburb of Frisco, Texas.

“A boy?” Rush replied. She was wearing a t-shirt and basketball shorts.

“You know it’s difficult,” the man said with a shrug as he walked away from the bathroom. “You are dressed like a man. Of course, you are dressed like a man, so…”

He later told Rush he was “confused” when he saw her go into the bathroom and went into the restroom with his mother “to make sure she was good.”

Baylor Medical spokeswoman Julie Smith said the incident was not reported and therefore isn't being investigated by hospital officials. Representatives for the Frisco Police Department didn’t immediately respond Monday afternoon to a request to know whether police are reviewing it.

Rush, who didn’t immediately respond to a request for an interview, wrote on Facebook saying “Welcome to my world” and asking, “Do you actually think I would choose this life?” She shared local and national news reports as word of the video spread over the weekend.

Andrea: Click link for rest of article

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post: