Old 03-22-2012, 07:57 PM   #52
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I mentioned this in another thread, but butches and our more andro and masculine types get a lot of gruff. Sometimes, from the very beginning. So, it's my theory that they, as a coping mechanism maybe, tune a lot of the 'background' noise out when going about their daily business. It's unfortunate, but unless they see us, we're part of the 'background'.

I like the idea of a necklace and I like Jo's idea of adding that little bit of flirtation to that smile that says "Hey! I see you. Do you see me?"

I think that is partially true, at least for some of us.

I make eye contact, if I get that smile Jo talks about in return then I know. But if I make eye contact and I get nothing back, then I just go about my day.

I do not walk looking down, on the contraire, I always walk with my head up high, but I do tune out a lot of the background noise as I go about my life.
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post: