How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,371 Times in 6,860 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I have a couple really good inspirational stories about mid life career change....

The doctor that delivered my girls was an early childhood educator well into her 40s. Something got her going and she started her path to med school. It took her 12 years. And it made her very happy. She started a successful practice and delivered hundreds of babies.

I admire her hugely. She's mostly retired now except for home births...but she really did leave ab excellent impression upon me...

The other only know OF..

I went to this park ranger center type place one day. I don't know how we got on topic but I mentioned I'd love to study botany...mushrooms especially...but I didn't feel I was young enough to take on years of study. One of the rangers told me about a woman she knew who had kids and grand kids...found out tuition was free for people over 63 ( in Massachusetts any how) and decided to take "a few classes". She discovered botany, fell in love and kept going In school til she had a doctorate. Now 80, she is the utmost expert in New England botany. The ranger pulled a book off the shelf...hugge text book. That same woman wrote it and it's used in botany classes all over the country.

So no. Its never too late