How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Who will fill Georges shoes?

Commentary: Professor George Rekers explains it all
Fred Grimm | The Miami Herald

last updated: May 10, 2010 01:31:55 PM

If Professor George gets away with this, I'm going straight to Rentgirl. It's my bad back.

Not that I'm suggesting George Rekers went straight to Rentboy, the explicit website where his fellow traveler advertises a willingness "to do anything you say as long as you ask."

Professor George, as he styles himself on his website, ProfessorGeorge.com , offers a vaguely plausible (alcohol might help) explanation. He didn't procure the services of a 20-year-old male prostitute to join him on a 10-day-jaunt through England and Spain for purposes of prostitution. "Following medical advice Professor George Rekers requires an assistant to lift his luggage in his travels because of an ongoing condition following surgery."

With a line like that, and a note from a doctor, who knows how many relationships I might have salvaged?

To be fair, Professor George has never testified that gays don't make splendid international traveling companions.

George Rekers was paid handsomely by Florida Attorney General Bill McCollum ($60,900) and the state of Arkansas ($60,000), to flog gay men and women as unfit parents. Particularly adoptive parents.

As a bonus, at no extra charge, Rekers testified in Miami-Dade Circuit Court that he also considered American Indians to be in the same risky category.

Best I can tell, Rekers has never disparaged the fitness of gays or Indians to hump his baggage. George Rekers comes with a lot of baggage.

Rekers, 61, of North Miami, a Baptist minister and a retired professor of behavior science, has long provided academic cover for the Christian right's anti-gay agenda. He's written books, delivered lectures and provided pithy quotes that intimate a scientific basis for opposition to gay adoption and gay marriage.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote