View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 10:19 PM   #113
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockOn View Post
I was researching books on poly relationships and this one kept popping up: The Ethical Slut

Do any of you recommend this book in a favorable way or give it a thumbs down for a NOOB like me?

Any additional suggestions will be appreciated. I'm trying to find a good starting place with something I am unfamiliar with.

Thanks.
I'd definitely recommend The Ethical Slut. I think it's very accessible for someone new to polyamory, or for someone who is just curious. I haven't really read any other books about it, so I couldn't really say. I did a quick glance at what came up on Amazon and I didn't recognize even one other book I've heard other people talk about, let alone read myself.

There are as many ways to be poly as there are to be a Butch or a Femme. It's kinda just what works for you and your partner(s). That's probably a process if you've never tried it before. I know a lot of people in the kinky world who are poly and I can say I have seen many different ways of structuring (or not structuring) poly relationships. If you asked a hundred people what poly means you'd get a hundred different definitions, as they like to say.

For me personally--my partner identifies as poly and I don't and we had to do a LOT of negotiating until we could get to a place where we both felt we were getting what we needed. I think for us the most important part was to be able to figure out and name what each of our core needs was.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post: