Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I try to take good care of me, most days. But I find that getting enough rest (sleep) and finding time or making time for quiet time -- reading a book I have put aside, or wandering outdoors for a walk by myself, or even pampering myself with a long bath and giving myself a pedicure and manicure or trimming up my hair just a skosh -- is something that aids my sense of "doing something good for me" kind of thing.

I also like it when home life is relatively quiet because my work day can often be quite hectic. So coming home to a quiet household is precious, to me.

I also, because it has always been like this for me, seek out others who are quiet like me, ensuring somehow that notion that centers itself on the quiet side of the spectrum.

But I also practice mindfulness, and I try to be mindful of myself and others in my life. It's not always easy to do, so when life seems to complicated or I feels stressed out by life itself, I just commit to make time for me. To make sure I feel like I am getting what I need, making sure I can meet my own perceived needs. That way, I am not wanting for much and it helps to know I can meet my own needs.

When I can't meet my own needs or wants, then I just have a long talk with myself and find a place in my mind where I feel things can be okay.

Thanks for the forum topic to share, Jesse.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: