View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 09:58 PM   #4
durrrrrrrr

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he , him

Thanked 10,217 Times in 2,504 Posts
durrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputation

I have a Harley Sportster. i have had this bike for yearsss. yes, i want to get a new bike and get either a Dyna wide glide or softail deluxe. but, i have had this sportster for so long. i know this bike, i know how it handles and how it reacts. which to me, is very important.

i just moved south a couple years ago and the first year, i put more miles on my bike in 3 months then what i did in a full year when i lived up north. love the thought of firing up the bike in January!

dont belong in any clubs or anything like that. i like riding alone. i know if i want to turn somewhere, i just do it. i dont mind riding with someone else. but just not a big fan of riding with several people.

when i first started riding, i did take a riding course for three reasons . i figured that could teach me something that i would help me out and the company i worked for paid for the riding course and it also gave me a discount on my insurance for the bike. ( which that doesnt go in effect anymore ) the one thing that the course did teach me was how to prepare myself for trailing a passenger. they told me to put a big ole bad of dog food on the back, strap it down and that will help me get the feel of turning, riding the curves , it will help me feel the weight in the back. well, i did that once. i put the bag of dog food on the back, tied it down. and i was going through a neighborhood, riding slow speed and all of a sudden every freakin dog in the neighborhood was chasing me...i was like WTF? i am use to a dog or two, but this many??? i didnt know until i got home that they bag of dog food had gotten a hole in it and trails of dog food was dropping onto the street..LMAO. which is why i had sooo many dogs chasing me for food. LMAO.

I LOVE riding! i love the peace and quiet. i feel relaxed, well, when riding out in the country. now riding in the city or town....I am paying attn to every single move any vehicle makes. cant tell ya how many times i have had to swerve, slam on my brakes...just because ppl didnt see me. but, that has also taught me when i am driving my truck, that the bikes are out there...be aware and pay attn!

good thread!

well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit
durrrrrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to durrrrrrrr For This Useful Post: