Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrrrrrrr View Post
when i first started riding, i did take a riding course for three reasons . i figured that could teach me something that i would help me out and the company i worked for paid for the riding course and it also gave me a discount on my insurance for the bike. ( which that doesnt go in effect anymore ) the one thing that the course did teach me was how to prepare myself for trailing a passenger. they told me to put a big ole bad of dog food on the back, strap it down and that will help me get the feel of turning, riding the curves , it will help me feel the weight in the back. well, i did that once. i put the bag of dog food on the back, tied it down. and i was going through a neighborhood, riding slow speed and all of a sudden every freakin dog in the neighborhood was chasing me...i was like WTF? i am use to a dog or two, but this many??? i didnt know until i got home that they bag of dog food had gotten a hole in it and trails of dog food was dropping onto the street..LMAO. which is why i had sooo many dogs chasing me for food. LMAO.
This was funny - and it reminded me that while I taught myself how to ride, I also took a motorcycle safety course. I was in the Navy and at the time, the only way you could ride a motorcycle on base was (s) if you wore long pants, hard soled shoes, a helmet, long sleeves, a reflective vest, and goggles; and (b) if you took a motorcycle safety course provided on base.

So I took the day-long course and got to learn quite a few things that helped me to be safer out there while riding - I still remember most of it.

-----

Also - for those who want to post pics in threads but dont know how, I made --->this post<--- in the "Members Helping Members" thread with step-by-step instructions -- I included pics because I am a visual person.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post: