Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

The use of colloquial phrases or social idioms can sometimes be useful, but I think it's important to note differences or notice differences in Election processes by examining yesteryear elections to present day election processes for clues that could help others understand interesting aspects of any election process.

I think the last time we honestly had a blue tidal wave of enormous support was back during the depression era, when FDR won by landslide counts.

Back then, unemployment stood at 24%, people lost their ability to earn a living or buy food or pay their bills or keep a roof over their heads. In many ways, what American's are dealing with right now, even with a global pandemic, is nearly the same as back during the great Depression of the late 1920s to the decade of the 1930s.

Back in April of this year (2020) the unemployment rate stood at approximately 14.7%. And just last week, I read where millions more of Americans lost their jobs and won't be getting any economic relief due to a number of reasons not easily explained or known. For example, I just read in our local news yesterday that people who filed for unemployment last spring and were turned down or never helped were suddenly approved but nearly four months later are being notified to return thousands of dollars of unemployment benefit income due to somebody changing the unemployment codification of rules (...).

People are hurting in America. Everyday a new terror arises in people's lives. Loss of income, loss of life, loss of property, losses upon losses (health insurance and access to medical help, is but one I can think of for this general category) and to me, it just feels as horrible as what people endured during the Depression.

Was it loss of great magnitude that caused people to vote Blue and deliver a landslide victory to FDR?

I think there are comparable losses across our country that invigorated people to turn out in droves for the Democratic party, so that the Biden Harris Administration can get to work on important social policy that will hopefully alleviate and help American's but also restore trust in Building Back Better what the opposing regime destroyed over the past few years.

These are just my thoughts, though.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: