Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

I remember when:

Street curbs in Chicago were still almost a foot high because of the Model T's, and the alleys were mostly still dirt or brick.

Taking electric trolley buses that shot sparks out of the top when it rained or snowed. The seats were real leather stuffed with straw.

Every Saturday afternoon my friends and I would see a double feature for 15 cents, and big candy bars were a nickle, and pop a dime. Newspapers and comic books were a dime too.

I remember when people could rent horses and ride along Chicago's lakefront.

I remember when "pitching penny's" was a fad. The one who threw their coin closest to the line in the sidewalk, won the pot.

I remember seeing the bad kids sitting in the "bad kids row" in class, sitting under the teacher's desk with the teacher's legs, and being made to stand in a corner all day, even with wet pants.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post: