Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
A time when the neighbors would help you prime the pump, all night if necessary. Everyone left their door unlocked, safely. Families next door would put your windows down right before it starts to rain. Their mom and kids would take down your line laundry. When families could leave stuff on the lawn (not always, my bike stolen x2, but we knew who).
Also, neighbors would pass clothes and such to our moms, if they think might fit, and your mom would pass them on when grown out of. Ugh!

Families played croquet outside, they'd invite individual kids to play. Neighbor dads would play horseshoes in one another's yard. Yes, I grew up in the suburbs.

Bicycling was safe from shady characters and strangers in other neighborhoods. They would ask where you came from when you went visiting. Would call your mom, she'd bitch at you for going so far away, ask you if you need a ride home. I'd tell her no, and she'd say to get home right away.

Even families of neighbors not known would want to visit, had gum and candy in their livingroom. If they had a pool or swingset, you were generally permitted to use it.

Sheese, really wish to be in those times and places, again
Where the fuck did you grow up? Sounds fabulously ideal.
Me? I grew up where you were lucky if the apartment superintendent hadn't molested you by age 4 and if you knew your neighbours it was only cause the cops were always there to arrest the guy for beating the shit out of woman, who was either his wife or just the mother of his 6 kids that he wasn't supporting.