View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 10:59 PM   #35
not2shygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
as a Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
under the cover of starry starry nights...enjoying a warm fire in the pit !

Thanked 2,454 Times in 546 Posts
not2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default ahhhh those were the days......

My shady bar encounter(s) comes from when I was younger...late twenties/early thirties. It was more than one encounter also! More likely a few years or so! The Norreh in Pittsburgh was the after hours place to be ( also there was Travelers but that's a separate entry into this thread!) especially after hours. Many weekends when I left it was to the sky beginning to light up in the early am and a group of us was headed to the diner. They had 3 floors, pool tables, a small kitchen for basic orders, a top floor that was for dancing on the lighted dance floor with a fucking fantastic DJ Billy! The basement was known as the dungeon, and females of any sort didn't go down there for the most part. It was for the gay men, and it was known as a kinky dungeon with regular scheduled crisco nights that I never even asked what that was about but figured it out with not much thought. >shivers< One of the pool tables was down there and by choice I never played pool on it... If you arrived early enough (before 11 pm) you might make it down there into the "store" that was the size of a closet, and things like hand cuffs, whips, tongue dams, edible undies and creams, lotions and potions were available to purchase, as well as poppers and undoubtedly illegal substances if you were known well enough.

It was owned by two gay men and run by two lesbians who had become like Moms to me. Sharon and Bev, who lived for the week days so they could escape up to their camp near Lake Erie. It was the kind of bar that I got my windshield broken when parked in the lot, over a lesbian I was dating. I guess someone else wanted her pretty badly. Damn shady for sure.... but I always had a blast. I remember a good friend of mine tracked me down to stay clear of a lesbian who was there looking for me and she was in a pajama top that had a fuzzy teddy bear on it, went right up to my friend and embarrassed the hell outta her! That woman was hard to shake off, and it took a butch friend of mine hopping over the bar towards her to keep her away from me. * thank you Lisa Lisa* It was one of my first encounters with a bull dyke that happened here, and it was indirectly thru a friend girl of mine that was leaving with said bull dyke and we walked outside to leave and the dyke said to her " get on my bike bitch". I looked at my friend and raised my eyebrow as if saying do you really wanna do this?? She handed me her purse and said catch me tomorrow....off they went!! I met some hella drag queens ( Formica Dinet, Aneda Bagel) at this bar over the years, and some sadly died due to aids. It was just then that aids became somewhat of an epidemic and public at the same time. I guess I can say shady bars are not to bad if you have the right people around you. I think that if I was to run into anyone from those days, it would be like these past thirty years have not passed at all and I am just as fond of that crew now as I was then. Shady bars sure do have some good qualities about them!

Any slang I used in this post is said with affection, and really at the time is what terms were used for labels. No intention of insulting anyone.
not2shygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to not2shygrrl For This Useful Post: