theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,863 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Well.

My most dear, sweet, sexaaay precious wife and I are both feeling tired, frustrated and sick of the waiting to get our show on the road and get moved to our new digs in Texas. No, we haven't bought the new house YET, but that's coming!! The problem at present is our house buyers, whom we are now convinced are batshit crazy.....have decided that they want to put Mrs. Crazy's name on the paperwork and title. This has stalled the purchase process and delayed the closing. Dear Wife and I are sitting here, looking at each other pie-eyed and wondering WTF??!

First of all, Nevada is a "community property" state, whereby, if you are married, your property belongs to both you AND your spouse.... 50/50, right down the middle. Apparently, it's the wife who is putting up the money for our house and up to now, only the husband's name was on the paperwork/loan for the balance. Which brings to my mind the question of WHY this woman just started thinking of this, this late in the process?? Oh yeah, these people just "ain't right". This is, from what we've been told, a very recently married couple from Compton, CA, and the wife was the one who sold her house there. The husband still owns his house there and (from what they told us) will need to be convinced to sell his house. Of course, the wife's mother and family live here in Las Vegas, so she's very anxious to get here, next to Mama. The husband kinda seems to be rather indifferent, we think. The weird thing is, he's NEVER seen our house in person. Who does that??? When she came to look at the house, she came by herself....with her cell phone. She walked through the house, "ooo'ing and ahh'ing", showing her husband on FaceTime what the house looked like. He never asked to speak to either my wife or myself or ask us any questions at all. She hardly even looked at my wife or me, even to be cordial. Even their real estate agent looked perplexed and confused. It was then that Dear Wife and I determined that these people had a very strange dynamic going on and that we were going to probably be in for a wild ride with this sale.

So, the mortgage company has adamantly assured us that this sale WILL go through, the money is approved and there, and we have no, NO reason to be uneasy about the deal falling through. To reassure us, they agreed to free up the several thousands of dollars in "earnest money" right away, to compensate us for our "inconvenience". Yeah, right. That'll do it......IDIOTS. We have turnoff dates for our utilities already, and my poor little cat, Tootie, who just had 4 of her teeth pulled and is now sneezing. Add to this the stress of income tax filings, my mother in law is having some serious health issues, and nearly every piece of our household furnishings of our 4 bedroom/2 bath house is in storage and we're living out of suitcases and boxes in our living room. We had the carpets in the bedrooms cleaned for the sale, and the rest of the house has porcelain tile and hardwood floors. Ugh.

Stress.......Stress........STRESS.

Now, to crate the cat up and get her to the vet for her re-check and sneezes.

Theo ......on my iPad, because everything else is packed up.