View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 05:17 PM   #23
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,916 Times in 733 Posts
Metro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST Reputation

In a corner of the backyard, behind a large stand of day lilies and flox, I've hidden a compost bin of the wire mesh variety. Recently my pup discovered the bin and the myriad of putrid "treats" she can reach if she pokes her nose thru the wires and works at it. Especially when I fail to mix in and cover the new additions to the heap. As of just a few minutes ago said pup has been permanently banned from that corner of the yard and will be monitored closely when headed in that direction. Why you may ask? Well, after a cute as h*ll momentary crinkly cartoon mouth, she forcefully hurled her dinner (and whatever she had reached from the compost bin this afternoon) smack dab in both of my favorite big, wide strappy Aldo leather sandals sitting on the floor by us on the couch.

Fortunately 95% of the puke landed inside of the sandals and not on the sofa or rug. And now, after I've cleaned up everything (at rapid fire pace, I might add), she is naturally snuggling and snoozing next to me as if nothing out of the ordinary happened.

Shopping for a new pair of sandals is now most definitely on the weekend agenda...
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Metro For This Useful Post: