Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Catching up on my own and other people's exercise

Since last post:

8/31 The Beast 90, weights and stretching 30
9/1 Beastie 75, yoga 45
9/2 Elliptical 1 hr, weights and stretching 30
9/3 (Same as the day before)

Then today I did two hours on the Beast (aka the Arc Trainer). I did kind of a sampler with 30 minutes each for 4 programs, level 10: Strength, Cardio, Interval, and Hill Interval. I like strength the best. For strength I have it at the highest level but am not finding it challenging enough. For those of you familiar with the Cybex arc trainer, how can I amp things up? Since it's a program, besides the level, I am not sure whether I should be messing with settings (such as incline and intensity, since the program has its own way of shifting them around at intervals). I find myself more bored if I am not truly sweating. I could just go back to manual because then I could definitely get an intense work-out, but the programs are fun in how one doesn't have to think as they vary themselves. Oh, well, anyone who knows this machine and has an idea, please let me know. I'm pretty sure I'm missing something.

I'm back working at school so that is making working out, of course, harder to fit into the day. What a difference not working makes, and not commuting an hour each way, and having enough sleep time. It's hard going back to school, even though I love my job. One mistake I made is to work late when I didn't have to. I forgot that then getting a long work-out in plus making dinner plus getting to bed at a decent hour is not really possible. I'm going to try as much as I can to leave on time from work so that things don't feel this stressful to fit everything in.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post: