View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #820
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Today was a good day

It was a beautiful warm late-summer day, and just perfect for swimming. I did a good hard hour of laps with all of my assorted and sundry headgear and then at the end I just floated for about 10 minutes and enjoyed laying in the sun. I never thought I would say that, I never knew I could float.

I find that I am already altering my plans a bit. I've been finding that trying to keep up with two workouts per day every day is frankly a bit much. I think that if I stick with a good solid hour of whole body exercise per day with the option of adding more a couple of times a week will be smarter for me. It's hard for me to take a pass on the beach now and then, but my overarching goal was to add variety and balance things out better.

I saw an article earlier today that actually kind of fit in with that so I thought I would share it here, How to overcome a workout rut.. It is pitched towards weight loss but it is really about the bigger picture.

Beach update: when I was out on my walk yesterday morning I got to survey how the sand project is going. They're setting up special equipment and fuel depots at intervals in preparation. According to schedule in about the next week or two they should be setting up and completing the pipelines, buoys and everything for the barge. So naturally we had an oil spill in the bay couple of days ago. Damage is still being assessed, but it doesn't look good. Most of it is north of me but the Coast Guard was out in full force laying out oil spill boom lines. This area has a lot of land designated as bird sanctuaries on the coastal migration path. Right now is when the bird populations are at their lowest, which is why the work was scheduled for now. We're approaching fall so I hope the cleanup is quick.

That's all for now, everybody keep up the good work.

Last edited by Kelt; 09-06-2013 at 08:01 PM. Reason: spelling
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post: