View Single Post
Old 01-25-2019, 04:05 PM   #4
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
I have decided to come to the US for the 20/20 elections,I figure it will be a really interesting time to be over there,and there will be a lot of political activity.
I'm posting this for 2 reasons.
one is to chat to other political heads and
2 is advice on what i should do before entering the US,in terms of FB and political activity here.Ive had 2 friends put back on planes and returned to Sydney,but I think that was due to possible overstay.
It would be cool to meet folks in the community,but maybe that should be posted in a social forum.?
Yes, it should be interesting indeed! Not only a Presidential Election BUT many Republican Senators are up for re-election as well!

Six Republican Senators yesterday broke with party lines and voted to back the Democratic proposal that would have reopened the government. Several of these are up for re-election! I would like to think the main reason for their change of heart was them finally listening to their constituents instead of them being worried about saving their own skin come election time but I just can't!

Susan Collins I think your breaking party lines for the vote is going to do very little to benefit your re-election bid and in the end altogether! Voters have a long memory and I think they'll remember how you held steadfast in
your vote to confirm Kavanaugh! I think as time gets closer to elections, you're going to see more and more Republicans distance themselves from the current Administration but sadly to say ONLY because they are trying to save their political careers!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: