View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 09:42 AM   #3703
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,984 Times in 9,936 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

It's been awhile since I posted here, but each time I go to physical therapy, I work with my therapy team on exercises to help me regain my mobility.....which each session is 1.5 hours of painstaking work, followed up by an half hour of massage and compression massage.

I am making progress. I can peddle on the bicycle machine for ten minutes and the machine measures the miles I have pedaled. Yesterday I pedaled 3.1 miles in twenty minutes.

I still can't exactly walk on my own yet without guided assistance, but I'm getting closer to divorcing myself from the roller-seat walker.

I don't know how many calories I burn while doing exercise therapy, but my muscles are on fire and I get overheated when I'm working with my PT team.

Once I'm able to walk unaided, I imagine it won't take long to reduce my weight back to my pre-work-related accident physical condition. Luckily I'm only 50 pounds over weight, so I'm not too worried about losing weight.

My biggest challenge is being able to walk unassisted.

I'm getting closer to that goal, each week that goes by.

Cheers to all of you for your efforts to stay active and in good health.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: