View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 07:18 PM   #7115
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
CCB, first (and I put this in rep but mentioning here too), you and I were posting at the same time, so I missed your post reminding folks to wait on the input and gave input! How embarrassing. My apologies!

I'm good with mermaids. I'm good with 5 by 7. I'm good with photocopies. I personally prefer photocopies because I am a little more private with my art and like to keep it amongst the group, but that's just me.

I have some questions / clarifications:

1) If I am understanding correctly, it can be a watercolor painting but alternatively the participant is allowed to choose a different type of paint or dry media only (pens, pencils, crayons, markers). Is this correct?

2) Is collage another option, and if so can it all be collage, and if not, what is the ratio that generally could be collage? I am thinking along the lines of something like tiny torn paper collages, that kind of thing. With a 5 by 7 background of course.

3) Will we know who we are making the art for once the sign-up has closed and you have had time to draw the names from a hat? I am hoping yes, as I like to use that individual as a muse while I work on the art.

4) Is it okay to integrate words into our projects?
1) It does NOT have to be a watercolor painting, I was just saying watercolor paper usually makes the best base. You can color pencil, crayon, marker, acrylic your little heart out. There are NO rules as to what can be used.

2) Collage is absolutely an option. I'd like to keep it to the 5x7 size, but that's the only constraint. What you described sounds perfect.

3) I will announce the partners as soon as I have assigned them so you can know who you are creating for. Using one another as muses is exactly what I want,!

4) Of course

Also, no worries about posting a question while I was reminding people to wait, it happens and it was mainly out of my own crankiness anyways, which I apologize for.

I really have ZERO rules or exceptions as far as what materials be used as long as it's notunusually heavy or thick. I don't think that would be a problem with anyone but just keep in mind it does have to be mailed.

I hear you on keeping the copies of art within the group. I think color photocopies is the way to go.

My Patreon

My Website

Last edited by candy_coated_bitch; 06-15-2018 at 07:25 PM.
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post: