Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Deb...I remember this project and that was what I was talking about when I said one project wasn't ever received...knowing how you must have felt, when no one got yours, so I said nothing, but I very much know...Besame was the one who volunteered to wrangle that for Breathless! I personally thanked you for the redo so we would get a project!
I did not think you should do a self imposed time out...but respected your choice. I did know, and I felt badly, for that untimely event! To my knowledge, no one ever got that particular package. It was well beyond your control however.

Anyway, I am sorry for not saying anything....sometimes, I feel I should be quiet, so as to not to sound like a rabble rouser.

I am sorry if we let you down by not saying anything, one way or another, and I think Gemme said it best, each wrangler has final say so, so to speak. I think each wrangler should shoulder the responsibility to keep things transparent, above board, and keep us all well aware of what & how things happen.
Please accept my humblest apology, Deb.....I am truly sorry we made you feel that way......hugs....
Quote:
Originally Posted by sis View Post
Well, I'm wading in to comment on the 'timeout' thingy. I took a self-imposed timeout when we did the CD project. Breathless was the wrangler, I was living in China and very concerned my pieces wouldn't arrive on time so she graciously gave me the project info early. So early, that my project was almost winging its way to Breathless when it was posted for the initial sign-up. Breathless in turn sent our projects to one of our group (I can't remember who it was) who agreed to receive all the US participants AND divvy everything up and send the packets back to those who participated. Unfortunately, the packet Breathless sent to the US wrangler did not get received (actually, I don't know if it was ever received).

And NO ONE SAID ANYTHING!

I took it upon myself to take a timeout AND re-do the project at my own expense. I was extremely embarrassed however did feel better after it was received by each of the US participants. Even though NO ONE SAID ANYTHING I took the rules very seriously. I had no control over it and the others participating would not be getting my contribution. It doesn't matter 'why' it was late - that equates with 'timeout' according to our rules.

I'm going to do the 'Canadian thingy' that I hear others talk about and apologize if I sound a bit grumpy/cranky/perturbed. We have rules that we ALL agreed on at the time. We should follow them or re-visit the rules to modify them.

Deb (who is in desperate need of a cup of )