Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,099 Times in 8,593 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Sen. Susan Collins, a Republican from Maine, said she supported the appointment of a Black woman to the US Supreme Court to fill the vacancy left by the retiring Associate Justice Stephen Breyer.

"I would welcome the appointment of a Black female to the court," she said. "I believe that diversity benefits the Supreme Court, but the way that the president has handled this nomination has been clumsy at best."

Well Susan at least President Biden is a man of his word UNLIKE you! How many terms have you served??????
Yanno, the Senate backed Reagan after he promised to nominate a woman as a Supreme while campaigning. He nominated Sandra Day O'Connor. I think Bush#1 intentionally chose a Black conservative (Justice Thomas) to replace Thurgood Marshall. (I don't have any proof of this, hence the word "think.") I think Clinton chose RBG, in part, because she was a woman and Jewish. Bush#2 nominated Alito, who was not his first choice (Harriet Miers was his first choice), because Alito was more conservative than the person being replaced (O'Connor), but I think he also went with Alito because Alito was Italian and Catholic. Many of these decisions were made, I think, to create a diverse Supreme court. Biden is doing the same.

I have been hoping for the day when we nominate an American Indian as a Supreme (shame on us for never even considering one), but I have no beef with Biden nominating a Black woman. It's a promise he has to keep. Doesn't mean the Senate will make it easy for her, nor is there a guarantee that the person confirmed will be a woman, let alone a Black woman, but his promise was to nominate a Black woman and that's what he's doing.

Deals like the one Biden made with Rep. Clyburn are made all the time, but in secrecy. Biden put it all on the table—personally, I didn't think he had it in him to do this in the open, my bad.

I'm glad Biden is doing this in the daylight. I wish more politicians were open about the promises they make to get into office.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post: