Old 09-17-2019, 07:45 PM   #4582
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
I got 10K steps... just from work! I count that as 1 hr and 20 minutes of walking.

Gemme, do you ever consider tracking your steps or you just don't care? I bet you get a lot of steps in on your job.
I have thought about it! Through the process of cleaning things out, I found a very old fashioned style pedometer. It looks like a pink thermometer and has a belt clip. I don't know where I picked it up but considering it was only 4 bucks, I can't imagine that it would work correctly. I might pop in a new battery and see what happens for the sake of experimentation.

You're right; on most days I bet I get quite a few steps in. I'd love to get something to monitor not only steps but my calorie expendage.

Hmmm....online dictionary doesn't like that word but it's a movie so it's a real word. Hrmph!

Anywho, I'd love to but anything electronic doesn't work in my office. It's a verified dead zone. Annnnd....I'm a wee bit cheap so between those two reasons, I need to go old school. Maybe I'll get a more reasonably sized pedometer that I can clip to my shoe lace or sock.

I'm debating whether to go to the gym tomorrow morning. My head says NO and to sleep in late but my body filled up fast on dinner and I'm already starting to yawn so I think it's trying to tell me YES. Getting there is half the battle. We'll see if motivation beats out comfort under warm blankets when the sun hasn't even come up to say hello yet.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: