Old 01-07-2011, 01:52 PM   #8
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Yay! I am so glad to have others to share this project with!

And yes on pedometers! My doctor told me to aim for 10,000 steps a day...challenging when I work from home and the furthest I go is the coffe pot.

I put the dog on leash and walked 2 miles today...first time in a long time (like over 4 months). Wow, I could feel it ...and so could he, poor thing...but it's good for both of us. I figure I'll start with 2 miles and work our way up. The doc said that doing 2 separate walks of 2 miles a day is even better because it keeps the metabolism fired up...so that's what I'm aiming for.

Tommi...I'm so glad you're seeing results. You definitely want to stay out of diabetic territory if you possibly can...it's no fun. I have damage to my eyes, and the nerves in my feet...scary stuff. And, oh yea, fast food is my mortal enemy. Periodically it lures me back (because I simply adore Big Macs)...but they really aren't worth what they do to me...or anyone for that matter!

Yay us!