Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,004 Times in 9,946 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Sugar is Toxic (Medical study report in TIME magazine)

I don't have an proverbial horse in the race concerning sugar, but here's what I know:

Sugar, that is sugar produced from cane or beets, is highly toxic. The only sugar I'm allowed to have, per my doctor and registered dietician (r.d.), is raw stevia --- which is an plant based sugar, with low glycemic index impact.

Not only is sugar the proverbial devil, but foods that break down into sugar in your bloodstream is toxic too. Foods like certain breads, rices, dairy products, etc.

I get my bread fix by having Sesame Tahini sticks.

I can't have dairy products, so I use nut based milks or plant milk, or Cashewgurt. None of the aforementioned taste like dairy products, but when you're in an all out war on foods that convert to sugar in your bloodstream, taste becomes a tiny factor you can set aside, when choosing not to succumb to diabetes.

I'm not diabetic, but I could easily become diabetic by not staying away from dairy products, breads, pasta, rice or even meat. I get my protein from plants and nuts and supplements recommended by my doctor and r.d./nutritionist.

I can have one third of an banana sliced up on my salad, once a week. Twice is pushing it.

But, seeking your doctor's advice and following an dietary menu created by your own medical staff consultant (in my case, she is both an registered dietician and nutritionist ) is often the best way to find out what will work best for you.

Anyhooo.... here's an article I found about sugar, published fairly recently (2015), in TIME magazine.

LINK: http://time.com/4087775/sugar-is-def...ew-study-says/

Also, eta, here's an well written article by an Ph.D. who is an Diabetic 1 and his blog article which talks about the difference between refined sugar and naturally occurring sugars in fruits. There's also an fantastic 100+ page PDF, toward the end of his article which is an terrific guide and resource

LINK: https://www.diabetesdaily.com/blog/2...ig-difference/
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: