Old 12-17-2014, 07:31 PM   #73
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
Hey y'all... I really don't want to ruin the spirit of everyone's fun while WE (of course I am enjoying our $2.16 gallon) enjoy a break in our expenses wherever we can get them.

It has always been like this down here, low gas prices = oil field workers out of work. From what I understand, simply put, when the demand goes down, prices drop and the oil stays in the earth. They just don't need people on the rigs out in the gulf, which is where our people go. I do believe they shut certain rigs down until the demand goes up.

Right now someone in my family is sitting at home until further notice, because of the low demand in the oil field right now. He will be put back to work but for now he is laid off.

I may be wrong, but that is how I always understood how it works.
According to this dee, they are actually drilling MORE which is why the prices are down. I'm sorry someone in your family isn't working.

http://americasmarkets.usatoday.com/...st-since-1972/

EDIT:

<Kelt's boring post> Hey, man, thanks! Good stuff, good stuff...<cough>

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: