View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 06:57 PM   #2006
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation

The school must have lost accreditation when it closed. Hopefully, that's a temporary situation. It was a great school for 156 years.

Here's what I tell the students at the state school where I teach. Be wary if -

- if the school has a banner ad on your email screen,

- if recruiters tell you to 'not worry about costs; financial aid will cover everything,'

- if recruiters call you multiple times (I have a recruiter calling my cell every couple days from Everest College - I've called back the number),

- if the school has pop up ads, if the application process seems incredibly simplistic,

- if it seems to good to be true.

There are schools that aren't accredited. Be wary and do your due diligence with any school or program you're considering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Not to be a downer about Antioch College, but please be aware of accreditation issues before you decide to send junior there for free. They are not yet accredited. It might be a fantastic school, but if it is not accredited, well.....

The free part makes sense now. They need some students to get accredited and in order to get kids to come to their lack of credentialed school, they need to make it free.

Bummer.

http://antiochcollege.org/about/accreditation.html
SoNotHer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SoNotHer For This Useful Post: