Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,003 Times in 9,945 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I have been reading from two books from a former English & Women's studies class I took a few years ago. At the time, we had to read both books side-by-side; as well as provide a highly developed research appendice to our study papers. I didn't like it at the time because I felt my head was on fire. But I saved my books from that class because it's important to internalize the tremendous struggle women have endured and how we still continue to liberate ourselves from constraining, and what feels like at times to suffocate our very existence, socially held agenda.

Authors of Classical literature that was considered highly controverial during their time:
North and South (Elizabeth Gaskell, 1855)
Ann Veronica (H.G. Wells, 1909)

(both boths are reprints and published by Penguin Books)
Coming soon in May:

And The Mountains Echoed
(Khaled Housseini)
A novel about how we find a lost peice of ourselves in someone else: How we find love, how we take care of one another, and how the choices we make resonate through generations. In this tale revolving around not just parents and children but brothers and sisters, cousins and caretakers, Hosseini explores the many ways in which families nurture, wound, betray, honor, and sacrifice for one another; and how often we are surprised by the actions of those closest to us, at the times that matter most. Following its characters and the ramifications of their lives and choices and loves around the globe—from Kabul to Paris to San Francisco to the Greek island of Tinos—the story expands gradually outward, becoming more emotionally complex and powerful with each turning page (Amazon, 3/2013).
I have read two other books by Hosseini:
The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns
Both books affected me profoundly - Housseini definately
has a way of illustrating the human condition in timeless ways.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: