Old 04-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #66
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishah View Post
thanks! i had no idea. i appreciate the info.

unfortunately i can't buy cute shoes in stores...i wear an 11w and my feet are deformed. i'm lucky if i can find tennis shoes in an 11 (it does happen), but cute shoes are impossible. i have been eyeing zappo's a lot lately (i got my snow boots there) so i might try order heels there when i have the money.

edited add...re: hair dryness...

i LOVE coconut oil. i put some in after i get out of the shower and before i brush my hair out, and let it dry naturally (you could also blow dry). you only need a little. it also works well as a body moisturizer and lube. you can do a more intensive treatment by wetting your hair, putting it in, leaving it in for an hour or so, then washing your hair. henna is a great hair treatment, too - i use it to dye my hair and it's very good for hair. but sometimes it can cause extra dryness.

It has been my experience that henna is NOT safe for your hair as it contains metal. I have seen woman lose all of their hair from using henna. As far as using coconut oil to recondition your hair, don't shampoo it out. You are defeating the purpose, also don't put it directly on the scalp. If you feel you have applied too much use a good absorbent paper towel and gently blot your hair.
Hot tools rock and are well worth the price. The really nice thing, which has been mentioned, is that you can adjust the temp. Which I would totally recommend keeping on a medium setting. Always remember to apply a heat protectant to your hair, this helps to protect the hair from a percent of damage that can happen when using curling irons, flat irons, ect. As a licensed Cosmetologist we use hot tools in the salon and the best part is if they should have a problem you can return them, just be sure to keep your receipt.

Happy styling!

"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success."
- Unknown -
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justkim For This Useful Post: