Thread: Femme Fashion
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 05:20 PM   #49
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by justkim View Post
No matter what you use you will have some kind of damage. You need to be sure you are preparing the hair when you use any kind of tool that involves heat. Are you using a heat protect-ant when you blow dry? When you use it that is what you see steaming off of the hair, some people layer their products. I have short hair and use 2 to 3 products on my hair. What are you looking to achieve by using a curling iron?
Hi, Kim.

I like that straight hair look that I'm seeing a lot now, and that's what I'm looking to get with a curling iron. Since my hair is long now I thought it would be fun to have it be more straight, that it would have more "swing."

No, I don't use a product specifically designed to protect against heat when blow drying—that is a very good question and I should see what's out there.

I do use an Aveda leave-in conditioner called Damage Remedy, and an Aveda "smoothing fluid" in their Light Elements line. Sometimes for control I use the Light Elements "detailing wax" which is like hair spray without alcohol.

But no, none of these products is expressly for protection with blow drying or curling irons.

And I never see steam coming off my hair when I blow dry it, so maybe I need to get something to protect it against the hot air.

Thanks for writing!
IslandScout
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote