How Do You Identify?:
Hardcore bullheaded grown-ass Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

Location: The backroom of a night cafe plotting world domination
Thanked 3,299 Times in 568 Posts
Jett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST Reputation

I don't think there's anything wrong with the organic state of masculinity, femininity or mascuninity etc., or acknowledging their existence. Just more with how we as humans sometimes think we are the gatekeepers of them, or project them in an unhealthy and outwardly harmful manner- assign them concretely to ones or others sex, gender or identity. Masculinity, femininity, like a baseball bat in your hands you can hit a ball out of the park with it... or hit yourself or someone else over the head with it... either way it's not the baseball bats fault.

On a personal note the thought of using the words Butch/Femme (or butchness/femmeness) to somehow "take the place" of masculinity/femininity (OP)? I myself have inward and some outwardly feminine attributes that do not alter or affect my masculine ones and it does not make me a Femme in any way... so I'm not a Femme nor is it "femme-ness" but I still cherish those attributes as much as my masculine ones, they are as strong, powerful and beautiful and I wouldn't wish to obscure them with another word or lose my ability to convey that in favor of anything else that doesn't mean (IMO) the same thing.

Hopefully conveyed the jist of what I'm trying to say, I know I confused the hell out of myself the first time I wrote it and had to make some hellish editing xD. Dunno *shrugs* I just think we leave ourselves even more open to stereotypical assumptions when we limit our language rather than expand it.

Peace
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jett For This Useful Post: