Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

1) What can you do today that you were not capable of a year ago?
I am better at recalibrating my aptitudes and attitudes on a daily basis.

2) What's been on your mind most lately?
The importance of being in the present moment and enjoying life as fully as possible.

3) In order of importance, how would you rank: happiness, money, love, health, fame? Health, happiness, love, money.
Health, Love, Happiness, Money, followed by zero concern for wanting or needing fame of any kind (I can live without that type of recognition).
4) Right now, at this moment, what do you want most?
To know where I put my favorite suntan oil, since I can't find it anywhere
(I've turned my house upside down trying to find it this afternoon).

5) What word best describes the way you’ve spent the last month of your life?
70% (Balance) 30% (Sheer craziness)
6) What is the #1 motivator in your life right now?
I think it's a combination of three things: Music, Art, Nature
(no one thing is responsible for my being motivated other than me)

7) In one sentence, who are you?
A very resourceful woman.
8) What do you want to be known for?
That people in my life would remember me for the resilient soul that I am and that I could do most anything I put my mind to, no matter the situation.
9) If you had to move 3000 miles away, what one thing would you miss most?
The natural beauty of where I have lived for the past 20+ years: The trees, the rivers, the mountains, the basalt lined Columbia Gorge, the waterfalls or natural hot springs, the coastline of the Pacific Northwest, the climate - pearly gray skyscapes or intermittent days of dazzling sunshine, the eclectic community within the greater area of where I currently live.
10) In one year from today, how do you think your life will be different?
The one thing I have learned over time is that even with the best laid plans, there's the possibility that life a year from now could be as good or even better; but certainly and hopefully, no worse than today.
11) Who makes you feel good about yourself?
Me: I actively take care of myself (I value myself entirely).
12) What are the top three qualities you look for in a friend?
Kindheartedness, a compassion-based perspective, sensitivity

13) What has fear of failure stopped you from doing?
Fear of failure has never been a driving force in my life - I'm not afraid of failure or failing anything I put my mind to. I don't think much of anything stops me from developing my own brand of success (if that's what we're talking about).

14) What is something you have always wanted since you were a kid?
I think it's important to let my own inner child out to play on a consistent basis because even as a child, I was filled with wonder, curiosity -- I lived for 'show and tell' moments in life, as a child.

15) What stands between you and what you want?

16) What do you do when nothing else seems to make you happy?
I play the 'happy' game and do something that makes me happy.
17) When did you first realize that life is short?
This might seem strange to most, but I feel that I've always had an inner knowing about life never being long enough or filled with enough time to do things in life and consequently, as I've aged, I tend to sense timing issues much more intensely - than say, compared to, maybe five years ago.

18) What do you need to spend more time doing?

19) What issues do you continually refuse to confront?
n/a
20) What’s something a lot of people do that you disagree with?
n/a

21) What’s a common misconception people have about you?
That I'm talented at cocktail parties.

22) What’s something no one can take away from you?
The way I feel about myself.

23) What is something that you would hate to go without for a day?
Water (as well as love and tenderness).

24) When you look into the past, what do you miss the most?
n/a
25) What memory from this past year makes you smile the most?
The random growth spurts of my youngest son's intellectual acuity
(he's grown so much over the past year).
26) What’s the number one change you need to make in your life in the next twelve months?
The ability to go down to the beach more often than I usually go.
27) If not now, then when?
As soon as it's possible...

28) What have you done that you are truly proud of?
Earning a bachelors and masters degree in just under 7 years,
and not letting anything stop me from doing it. Even if I never
am able to pay off all my loans before I die, I'm glad I earned my
formal education (best therapy ever, even if it was expensive).

29) What’s something new you recently learned about yourself?
I never used to give much attention to my spontaneous side because I've always felt like I was spontaneous. But lately, I've learned that I'm not quite as willing to be as spontaneous as I used to be (which I feel is positive - I have a healthy regard for me).

30) What do you want to remember forever?
I'll get back to you on that.
31) What could society do without?
I should think that humans could use a bit more love and understanding.

32) What is one thing right now, that you are totally sure of?
It's absolutely gorgeous here today - ton's of sunshine and it's not too hot or too cold and the birdsong is absolutely mesmerizing (it's the only thing I've listened to, today).

33) If you had the opportunity to get a message across to a large group of people, what would your message be?
My feeling is that if I spend as much energy as possible in taking care of me and living life as responsibly as possible, then living by example is probably going to be the best heard message than anything I could ever say.

34) What’s something you said you’d never do, but have since done?
n/a
35) What’s something you changed your mind about when you grew older?
Marriage. I used to think that marriage mattered and it does to a degree (although that's a small degree). What's changed for me, concerning marriage, is that I don't think of marriage as something necessary to the health and wealth of a thriving relationship of romantic means. I'm not fond of the concept or idea of marriage as marriage is currently understood in terms of present day social and cultural practices.
36) What didn’t last forever, but was still worth your while?
The benefit of sitting by the beach on the ocean and watching for whales or other sentient beings. The good feelings I carry away from an outing on the beach always seems to be worth while.

37) If you could go back in time and tell a younger version of yourself one thing, what would you tell?
n/a

38) If you knew you were dying in 60 seconds, what would your last words be?
If no one is with me in that particular moment, it won't matter what I say. But if someone I love is with me, I'd ask them to watch over my boys and always be there for them, no matter what.

39) When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
I try to live as balanced as possible; even when it's a terribly unpredictable process - the art of living a good life.
40) What questions do you often ask yourself?
The one thing I try to always keep in mind is the idea expressed by Bertrand Russell: to always 'hang a question mark' on things in life that need a bit of extra care or careful thought given to complicated ideas.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: