Old 01-02-2010, 06:48 PM   #46
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I have read the first 6 Harry Potter books....they mesmerize me! I'm behind, I realize.....

I received "The Last Lecture" from my Sissy.....it's by Randy Pausch....perhaps You have heard of him. This is the Carnegie Mellon computer science professor who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. I have not finished this book, but so far it is an easy read and very powerful and profound. It's a good book to read when You (read: "I"!!!) think things are just horrible in Your [my] life. Half~way through, I have been moved to tears several times.

I also received "Pride & Prejudice & Zombies".... THAT should be interesting! <giggle>........and "The Lost Continent: Travels in small-town America" by Bill Bryson (did I mention this already? Or am I having a severe deja vu?).....at first, I thought the giver had already read it, as it had a coffee ring stain on the cover....then I realized it was part of the artwork! <giggling>

Additionally...but perhaps won't be of much interested here...CydKitty gave me (be still my heart!) "The Culinary Institute of America's Baking At Home"...........<sigh> In case You hadn't picked up on it, I adore baking!

I'll be immersed shortly!!

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote