Femmewench

How Do You Identify?:
Casual Femme Saphiosexual
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Divorced

Thanked 1,277 Times in 331 Posts
Femmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST Reputation

I am a phone luddite. I had a flip phone for emergencies which was replaced by a smart phone last year. This was done under protest but since I had a 92 year old father and a 5 year old child whose schedule I was trying to coordinate with my then-wife, I got talked into a smart phone. I do not understand why people text when they have a phone in their hands.

How do you feel about people face-timing you without warning or appointment? Does it depend on who's doing it? I've not face-timed and only skyped 3 times. If you do either without a preset time agreed to by me, you'll never reach me.

How do you feel when people call or text you during work or school hours? I didn't give my work number to anyone but my spouse, my dad's assisted living facility and my niece's school. My cell phone stayed in my purse. If it rang, I didn't hear it. When I got the smart phone, I wasn't working.

Do you enjoy having long conversations by text? Why or why not? No. Takes too long. I'd much rather talk on the phone.
How do you feel about someone calling you over and over within a short period if you don't answer? How about if the person calls you every day even though you aren't answering? This hasn't happened. Were it to happen, that number would be blocked. I will double check messages to determine no one I know/love has died or been in a horrible accident.

How do you feel if someone calls or texts you while you are on vacation or at an important event? My cell phone is off for important events. My father has died and I am no longer responsible for my niece.Some of my vacations are spent in southern California where a lot of family lives, so I expect calls then.

How early or late do you think is appropriate to call or text someone? For standard chat - 8 AM to 9 PM

How do you feel about group texting? Worked for Las Vegas. The only other group chat I was part of required me to learn how to remove myself from group chat.

Again, please tell me all about your views on phone etiquette!
-Because I am rarely the only other person in a restroom when someone feels it is necessary to be on their cell phone, I haven't blown a whistle to disrupt the phone call.
-I have called out people in a group dining together both in homes and restaurants when I know they weren't on-call and didn't have children. There's no other excuse to be checking email or texts - well, work emergencies qualify.
-I love watching men in grocery aisles describing what they're seeing to their spouse who has sent them shopping.
-I do not love people in any setting other than their homes making/receiving phone calls which do not pertain to their current situation. I don't want to know you child is failing math, your date sucked, you sucked your date (yes, I've heard that,) your parents suck or anything else that isn't any of my business.
-Please, please, please turn down the radio, stereo, tv volume when you answer the phone. Just because the volume is on 6 doesn't mean it's not loud on my end of the call.

I finally got a specific ring tone which I was sure I would always know was my phone: Come on Eileen (yes, my name.) Sadly, at a recent gathering someone I had just met had to ask me if that was my phone ringing: it was. I think I still don't want to be that accessible whether I know it or not.