imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

I am really curious what folks think about texting and phone call etiquette.

Feel free to talk about whatever you want but I'm super curious about the following things:

How do you feel about people face-timing you without warning or appointment? Does it depend on who's doing it?

I'm on android. Never happens.

How do you feel when people call or text you during work or school hours?

Oh fine. I can't answer texts or calls while I work. So I feel fine about it. They can call or text if they want. But anyone who knows me more than five minutes knows I'm an RMT and can't answer texts or calls in work hours. On very rare occasions I might be able to return a text, but I can't have a conversation by text - so you best put all info in one text like an email and I'll get to you if I can.

Do you enjoy having long conversations by text? Why or why not?
Most of the time no. If it's me and a close mate goofing around making stupid quips and jokes and bantering for an hour via text, sure. If I'm trying to make plans with someone or have an actual proper information exchange with real depth, no fucking way. It irritates the living hell out of me.

And I hate that the conversation will start at 9am.... and very... slowly... continue... every 30-40 minutes... till... at 2pm... it is... finished. When a 5 minute phone call could have sufficed. That drives me fucking spare.

How do you feel about someone calling you over and over within a short period if you don't answer? How about if the person calls you every day even though you aren't answering?

calling me over and over within a short time period?? No, only people who ever did that aren't in my life.

I don't talk to anyone, save my mum, whom I'm a carer for, every day. No one else I talk to every day. If they want to call me every day and I'm not answering, are they leaving a message? Why the hell are they calling every day?

How do you feel if someone calls or texts you while you are on vacation or at an important event?

It is my responsibility to keep that in check myself, no one else. How would everyone know I'm on vacation or at an event? I do what I do at work and turn my damn phone off/onto "no interruptions save mum"

How early or late do you think is appropriate to call or text someone?

Anytime. That's what the programing thing is for on the phone. I set it at night so that the only call that can disturb me is on that is placed twice in a row, within 3 minutes of each other. Or it's my mum. The rest are silent and just go to messaging.

You can text anytime you want, 4am. I'm alseep and my phone is on silent except for emergency calls, my alarm, and my mum. Text your brains out. Isn't that the whole point of texting? You have a *CHOICE* about when to answer or read it?

How do you feel about group texting?

I've used it when needed. Usually it's work related, but sometimes it's planning social events. Not fond of it but without it life would be harder.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post: