Old 05-16-2010, 06:19 AM   #24
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
It has taken a few days, for me to identify the latest additions, to the backyard, Rock Wrens. Busy little birds!

http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/rock_wren/id
Maybe it's all wrens who are such industrious lil fellers. Around here Carolina wrens abound and will constantly be building nests in and around where you are working. I think they like the co-worker aspect of homebuilding.

I was out in the yard ( at our old place) clearing out a shed and moving stuff from the back porch to the shed. So, the little guys attempted 3 nests that day. One in the shed, one on the back porch and one in one of the holes that run along the top of the truck bed. LOL!

They would always build a little nest in one of my planter boxes too, so we got babies every year.

This year a sparrow has built a nest in Christie's pink hanging begonia! Makes watering a little tricky!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post: