Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,013 Times in 9,950 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

James McBride's latest novel: The Good Lord Bird (Aug. 2013).

I was a friend's house recently and saw McBrides' book laying on the coffee table and picked it up, browsing the introductory pages and asked if I could borrow it to read. I don't ordinarily read novels but was his first book (The Color of Water) impressed me deeply, so I wanted to explore his latest book. I'm reading it slowly... not just turning page after page, but more along the lines of filtering the story from my own life's narrative, which is not without bias, but I'm attempting to read it from the authors' perspective, with the idea possibly centering around unspoken, least heard perspective, historical narratives that often are not talked about.

Like in the book Unholy Night (Seth Grahame-Smith, 2012): Another book, novel, a re-telling of an iconic historical event, via a creative intrepretative approach. Which was a very good book.

I'm reading both books (actually).

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: