starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,056 Times in 2,077 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

I live in San Diego, and there is a thriving gay community here. We have a gay town, we call "The Gayborhood" or "The Hilly" which is called Hillcrest. There are some pretty awesome places for lesbians to go here, we have bars, social clubs and a very active meet-up.com group that have weekly activities for lesbians of all ages.

Now, when it comes to Butch-femme? Not so much. I have hosted a few meet-up events, and had a speed dating event, but when I advertised them as "butch/femme" I pretty much got my head chewed off. I met my current girlfriend on the dash site (Thank goodness for the internet!!). I dated a few girls that I met in my community, but none of them appreciated a Femme. Mostly when I go out, I am thought of a straight or a fag-hag, which stinks.

I know they are out there, but I haven't found my BF community in San Diego. I have one lesbian friend who identifies as Femme, but the rest ID as Lesbian.

I hope to some day find a BF community in my area and be able to have closer relationships with people who subscribe to the same ideas I do!! Until then, I love this site for resources and meeting people!!

:-D
Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post: