Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,801 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Oh, "Alice Doesn't" boycott was about women NOT doing all the things they would normally do in a day....like at work they should boycott making the coffee, fetching coffee for the boss, tidying up, etc etc. A home they boycotted doing laundry, dishes, vacuuming, all stuff deemed "woman's work".

The point was to show how much work women did and just how much would go undone if not for women.

Anyone, if I'm mistaken please fell free to correct me
Not exactly correct. It was more than a boycott.

I marched in LA that day and this is a description from Civil Rights .edu:

"The NOW spokesperson describes a national labor strike scheduled for October 29, 1975, from 11:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. in protest of women's marginalization and continued discrimination. The women involved in the strike seek to force business men, husbands, and other men to take seriously their demands for equal rights. As a testament of these women's refusal to continue to ignore sexism in American society, they adorn their shirts with buttons marked “Alice Doesn’t...Anywhere, Anymore!”

We marched from Westwood to UCLA.

I tried to post this picture showing the crowd at UCLA listening to speakers after the march but could not:

http://lit250v.library.ucla.edu/isla....latimes%3A190

The sadness is that we have come far since 1975 but still have so far to go.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: