Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,004 Times in 9,946 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I sincerely appreciate the dialogue expressed by both of you, Esme and Bex.

I am not sure if it was here on our boards at BFP or in the prior, now-defunct "Dash" community where I have shared this before, but my eldest son, from an very early age, has had (and probably still has) gender dysphoria.

As an young child, my eldest would often dress up in my clothes and feminine articles of lingerie, or use my makeup, lipstick, or even borrow my dress shoes, while exploring his gender identity. And because of this early exploration of gender identity, I sought out an child therapist for my son to go see, to help and provide an safe place for exploration of his gender dysphoria.

I think it's incredibly difficult for those who experience gender dysphoria, no matter what part of the Trans- spectrum one resides. I have always felt that my eldest child leans more toward the female side of the spectrum. But my eldest is also unmistakably male.

Although my son is unmistakably male, I would be remiss to not acknowledge his gender dysphoria, which I believe he still experiences.

I am disclosing this aspect of my eldest's gender dysphoria because as his mother, I have always tried to provide an safe environment for my son to realize that, as his mother, I care about the huge pressures one faces when trying to decide which way to go, so they can come to terms with their gender dysphoria.

Fwiw, I extend my sincere appreciation to members of the Trans- community for sharing your personal experience, concerning your own personal development.

Generally speaking, you are by proxy, in my mind, the Early Adopters of deciding what aspects of Meta-social or Micro-social expectations of socialization you decide to accept or reject.

K.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: