Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
Over 30 million people have voted so far! That's 21.7% of the total who voted in 2016 (about 138 million). This year, it is expected that 150 million or more might vote, so it's probably about 20% in the bank.

Democrats are doing a great job of getting out and voting early. Obviously, the most committed people will vote first and we have a long way to go, but we have a lot of votes in the bank and a lot more than Republicans.

I think the Republicans are making a big mistake by bashing mail-in voting and they don't seem to be encouraging early in-person voting either. There is nothing wrong with voting in person on election day, but getting votes in early helps to avoid unexpected events - bad weather, virus outbreaks, your car not starting, etc. On the campaign level, it also allows the Biden campaign to see where votes have been cast and where they are outstanding. The Republicans have a lot less early votes in so they are more in the dark.

Here is the cool early vote tracker I am keeping an eye on:

https://electproject.github.io/Early...20G/index.html
I like that vote tracker link: I checked tonight and so far, Oregon is still blue (democrat). Hopefully this remains the trend until all votes are counted. Now to look at other states and see how it's stacking up. Hopefully, The Democrats sweep both the house and senate. *fingers crossed*

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: