Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
I've changed my mind. After what the Republicans have done I think expanding the Supreme Court is a completely sane and appropriate course of action. Of course we need to have control of the Senate to do it.
Me, too. Two weeks ago I was saying it set a bad precedent and meant the court would eventually balloon to the size of the Senate with each new power shift yielding more and more justices, but what the Republicans have done is shady as hell and basically amounts to the same thing. They are the ones that went there, first.

Democrats will be blamed for setting the precedent because we (hopefully) will TECHNICALLY, officially be the first to add justices for partisan reasons but only bc the Republicans literally, brazenly, stole two seats.

They made the decision, and if we expand the court and that triggers ever-increasing and more frequent expansions in subsequent administrations, that will be for those administrations to worry about. Right now we have no choice, expanding the court has to be done to literally save lives.